LOST CREEK COMPANY DMCA / COPYRIGHT POLICY
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. On this page, you will find information about copyright infringement procedures and policies that apply to the Lost Creek Company, and all related sites including (but not limited to) those listed below:
Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner (or an agent of a copyright owner) and believe any user material posted on our sites infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a Notification of Claimed Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by mail or by e-mail to our Designated Copyright Agent containing the following information:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are posted on a single web page and you notify us about all of them in a single notice, you may provide a representative list of such works found at the site.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the copyrighted work, and information sufficient to locate that material on our website (such as the message ID of the infringing material in our forums, or the link to the page on any of our other venues).
- A statement that you have a "good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- A statement that "the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your notice, preferably including an e-mail address and telephone number.
- The notice must be physically or electronically signed by the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Your written Notification of Claimed Infringement must be sent to our Designated Copyright Agent at the e-mail address listed below. We will review and address all notices that substantially comply with the requirements identified above. If your notice fails to substantially comply with all of these requirements, we may not be able respond to your notice.
Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement. Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that, in appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the accounts of users/subscribers who repeatedly misidentify copyrighted material.
Counter Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe material was removed in error, you may send a Counter Notification to our Designated Copyright Agent at the e-mail address provided below. To file a Counter Notification with us, you must send us an e-mail that sets forth the items specified below:
- Identify the specific message ID(s) of material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Anchorage, AK if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who the provided notification of claimed infringement to which your notice relates or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: "I affirm, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, an electronic signature (i.e. your typed name) or scanned physical signature will be accepted.
If we receive a Counter Notification from you, we have the right under Federal law to send a copy to the party who submitted the original Notification of Claimed Infringement. Should you want the material to be replaced or restored on the website, your Counter Notification will be provided to the person asserting the infringement, in order to satisfy the requirement under Federal law that a copy of the Counter Notification be sent to the person who submitted the notification of infringement. The purpose of this requirement is to provide that person with the opportunity to file an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our websites.
After we send out the Counter Notification, the original claimant must respond to us within 10 business days stating he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our web site.
Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim. Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Please note that if you are a subscriber and have not provided us with a valid means of contacting you, we may be unable to contact you if we receive a Notification of Copyright Infringement about material you have posted. In accordance with our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to permanently remove any content at our sole discretion.
Termination of Subscriber Accounts
It is our policy, in what we deem in our sole discretion to be appropriate circumstances, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users, subscribers or account holders who repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or of the Alaska Outdoors Supersites, or any of the other related entities listed above.
Designated Copyright Agent Contact Information
Notices with respect to this web site should be sent to:Lost Creek Company
ATTN: DMCA Registered Agent
16578 Permanenti Rd.
Sutton, AK 99674
The Designated Copyright Agent should be contacted only about notices regarding alleged copyright. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to customer service.